Cast of characters:
- Cardinal Jessica – One of my BFFs who I met about 12 years ago. She was the door girl at the best bar in the world, the Cardinal Bar, in Madison, WI, where I spent a large portion of my time in the mid-2000s. We both then moved to Chicago. She now lives in Minneapolis.
- Nacho – The definition of pure awesomeness. My girls and I met Nacho and his friends in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, while on vacation in 2013. He’s one of the nicest people on the planet, and he lives in Guadalajara. We’re friends to this day, and he helps me practice my Spanish and keeps me laughing. 🙂
- Nacho’s “friends” (not any that I met)
- I still use CDs in my car’s CD changer (I’m old school). I have several deep house compilations from DJs at the Cardinal Bar from way back in the day.
- I like the Green Bay Packers.
- I love Mexico, but have never been to Guadalajara.
- I was with Cardinal Jessica when we met Nacho.
- Nacho drove us around Playa with his friends in a white SUV while on vacation.
- Cardinal Jessica and I (and our other girls!) are going back to Playa next month.
Last night’s dream started with Cardinal Jessica and I in Chicago, flying to Guadalajara for the day. We arrived at the airport in Guadalajara, and Nacho and his friends picked us up in a shiny new white Suburban. Nacho was wearing a Green Bay Packers sweatshirt… it was green with yellow writing and a yellow collar. Nacho’s friend was really tall and big, and he was also wearing a green Packers sweatshirt, along with a green, satin Packers coat. There were a bunch of other nondescript friends around. I remember looking to the left and seeing a large US-style water tower. Jessica and I got into the back of the Suburban… Jess on the right and I on the left. Nacho got into the passenger seat, and his big friend got into the driver’s seat. The other friends all piled into the middle seats. There were probably 8 of us total in the Suburban. We told them that we had to return to the airport for a 5:30pm flight back to Chicago in order to catch our flight down to Playa del Carmen. Nacho and his friend said that they would have us back to the airport at 5:00pm, which would give us plenty of time to check in. Jessica and I said we’d probably need more time than that. Once we were all in the Suburban, we just started driving all around Guadalajara, which was actually more of a village than a city. The colors outside were very bright greens and yellows and rich browns. All of a sudden, I had a CD case in my hands, full of all of my old deep house compilations from the Cardinal Bar. I pulled one out and handed it up for Nacho to throw into the CD changer in the Suburban. Then I handed up another and another. We just listened to my CDs as we drove around. It came time for the boys to drop us off at the airport. We got out of the Suburban and said our thank yous and goodbyes to them. Then Jessica and I entered the airport, and the boys drove off. Then I realized that I had left my precious CDs in the CD changer. Oh man!