Cast of characters:
- Just me and my surprise baby boy.
- My great-grandfather’s name was Leo. I love the name, and if I had a baby boy today, his name would be Leo.
- I want kids. A boy would be great.
- I recently had an appointment with a surgeon to schedule surgery to have my gallbladder removed. He told me that, until my surgery, I had to eat a very low-fat diet. But then he looked at me and said that, by the looks of it, I already ate a low-fat diet, so it shouldn’t be a problem. Totally untrue, but I was flattered that he thought so, nonetheless. 🙂
- I like watching Family Guy on TV. Haven’t in a while, though.
I was walking down Monroe St. in front of the Karl Junginger Memorial Library in Waterloo, my home town, when I felt a pain in my belly. I lifted my shirt and looked at my skinny belly. All of a sudden I realized that I was 8 months pregnant. I wondered how I could be 8 months pregnant and still have such a skinny belly. Then I realized I was in labor. Within the blink of an eye, I was holding my baby boy, while still standing outside the library. My baby was swaddled in a white blanket and had a little crocheted white beanie on his head. I thought that I’d better name him right away. I started to think of good names for my baby. I thought that Stan, Spence, and Hank would be good names. Then I thought that maybe Stillwell would be a good name. There was a character on Family Guy named Stillwell (ummm, there’s really not, as far as I know???), and I thought that it sounded like a rather regal name. But then I stopped and remembered that I already had a favorite name for a little boy, but I couldn’t remember what it was. I thought and thought, and finally it came to me… Leo! I don’t know what I named the baby in the end, because the dream ended right as I remembered, “Leo.” 🙂